[Fot] Kastner F cam

jerryvv at roadrunner.com jerryvv at roadrunner.com
Fri Dec 23 07:46:02 MST 2016

Friends, can someone explain installing a cam with xx advance, somewhere I saw a reference to doing a cam installation with a 4 degree advance. Does that mean that if the valve opens at xx degrees that it should be set to open at xx minus 4 degrees and what purpose does that serve? Is this the same as using .010 or some other checking clearance. Seems that these two variables are related and one should use one or the other method but not both.
Thanks, I'd like to learn more about this stuff.

JVV

---- Duncan Charlton via Fot <fot at autox.team.net> wrote:
If I follow what you’re talking about, it should make no difference whether you use 0.010” or 0.050” as long as one is consistent about it.  If the intake opening and exhaust closing happen at the same number of degrees before/after TDC the cam has been installed with 0˚ advance.

Duncan Charlton
Elgin, Texas USA