[Fot] Planning for Triumphs and Personnel with Sebring History

Bob Kramer rkramer3 at austin.rr.com
Fri Aug 26 11:45:21 MDT 2016

Hey all,

I got a hold of TJ Kelly. He is more of a Triumph guy than I knew. He was racing a TR6 in Florida at the same time as Group 44 and the Kastner Brophy teams were at it elsewhere. He told me that Daytona in 1967 was 9 degrees when he was driving in my TR4, not top. He remembers that the car lasted the night and expired at about 7 AM with Wilbur Picket driving. I had to run but I am going to learn more as we stay in touch. The best news is that he is an active 78 year old, lives on a boat (a big boat) and will be in Jacksonville for March. He sounded like he will do whatever it takes to make it to Sebring.

I better get working on that car……………

Bob