[Fot] Fw: Best spectator vintage event

BillDentin at aol.com BillDentin at aol.com
Fri Mar 27 07:41:55 MDT 2015

Amici...

The responses to 'Best spectator vintage event' all tickle me.  They remind
me of that old joke that ends, "Well,...even bad sex is pretty good."
Point being, pick one, you damn near can't go wrong.

But of course some are better than others.  We had run most of the major
tracks in the country east of Hallet, and in fact many of the minor tracks as
well.  I think my top five suggestions would include the 'major annual'
vintage events at Road America, Road Atlanta, Lime Rock, Mid-Ohio, and Watkins
Glen.  If I had to pick just one Top Choice (and having been given the
guideline of bring 'an auto enthusiast vice an experienced racer'), I think I'd
pick the Lime Rock Labor Day weekend because their No Sunday Racing policy
allows for a second 'happening'.  On Sunday they have a HUGE Concours that
attracts tons and tons of exotic collector cars.  I think that would sit well
given the guidelines.  Add to that...it is a back to back racing weekend with
the big Watkins Glen event, providing an opportunity to get to both of them
(and there is plenty to do in the area during the days between them.

Bill Dentinger