[Fot] Decking a GT6 Head - Thickness Question

Chuck WATSON clw2000 at msn.com
Tue Mar 24 13:40:15 MDT 2015

My engine builder has had the thickness at various areas on the head tested so as to set limits for safely decking (to increase compression ratio).   Pictures attached.  He has some concerns where you can see the thinnest areas (such as 0.154") as he doesn't necessarily want to leave less than 100 thousandths.  Anyone have any info on what is going on below the areas shown between my finger in the photos or have any cut-away photos that might be of help?  We don't have any info that the head has been previously decked, but I suppose it's possible.

Thanks for any insights.

Thanks,
Chuck Watson