[Fot] Spitfire Aluminum flywheel

Joe Curry spitlist at cox.net
Tue Mar 24 12:27:43 MDT 2015

I have decided to remove the aluminum flywheel from my red Spit.  I
originally installed it when the engine was in my autocross car and left it
in place when I pit the engine in my street Spit.  But the lack of weight
makes the car difficult to drive at low rpms because it has a tendency to
start bucking.  So I am replacing it with a stock steel one and offering the
aluminum one for anyone who needs it.

It is set up to use a 1500 size clutch on a Mk3 engine.  I bought it from
Ted Schumacher in 2000 and Ted says now they are selling for around $350.00.
I will entertain any reasonable offer.  Please contact me directly and I
will send photos.

Cheers,

Joe C.