[Fot] FOT flags at the KCup

Shawn Frank my71spit13 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 20 10:14:57 MDT 2015

This is just a reminder to bring your Friends of Triumph flags to this year's Kastner Cup. For the past few years, we have furnished flags on poles to grid girls and let them display them with the cars on the grid. It has always been a nice feature and is enjoyed by the racers and gives the wives and girlfriends an opportunity to get involved as well. It depends on Summit Point's policies whether we can do it on the grid this year but regardless, we should have them flying with pride wherever we are.
We are approaching 50 entrants this year and this should be one for the record books. We have a few surprises in store. This will be a great tribute to our very own Kas Kastner as well as a memorable experience for all involved whether you be in a racing seat, in the stands, or on a crew.
I have had a great response from many Triumph clubs. I have contacted just about every club east of the Mississippi and they are all looking forward to the spectacle that we present. There will be a presence from most of them during the weekend at the car shows, noontime charity laps, and in the pits and stands.
There have been a few of you that have worked very hard on this and you will love the payoff!
Here is a link to my Facebook album from last year's Eagle's Canyon Kastner Cup of the grid girls.https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.723563647687357&type=1&l=bcd9bb778b
 Shawn Frank
Spitfire & GT6 Magazine, Editor
Continued Legacy, Owner
North American Triumphs, Admin
Friends of Triumph, NASS#746, VTR#93353, Iowa BCC
Drive Away Cancer Iowa, driver
515-339-4228

'71 Triumph Spitfire MKIV "Gertrude"
'80 Triumph Spitfire 1500