[Fot] TR3 clutch

TR4 Tony tr4.tony at virgin.net
Mon Oct 20 11:42:52 MDT 2014

Hi Dave

I use a helix sprung paddle clutch and an ap racing high pressure cover on my
rally TR4 so this arrangement is going to stand up to the sort of rigours of
auto crossing as we end up doing some tight and nadgery 'tests' on events
quite often.

This assembly operates more or less as a standard spring clutch but just a bit
more on / off with little travel. the 4 pods of material on the paddle driven
plate are ceramettalic so stand up to hard starts and big sharp rear end turns
on full power quite well. I'm getting a year or 10000 rally miles out of a 3
part assembly. The covers are long serving but the bearings tend to get
hammered.

Careful where you but as much trash abounds ... Mine come from TR Enterprises
in the UK. Look for www.triumphspecialtuning.co.uk

Regards

Tony

Sent from my iPhone

> On 20 Oct 2014, at 18:31, David Kettler <dkettler1 at charter.net> wrote:
>
> I have a friend who does Auto X in his TR3.  He is looking for a clutch
assembly that is less prone to slipping than the stock setup.  He has also
broken the hardened pins holding the clutch fork to the shaft.