[Fot] Brake line question

Randy and Valerie DeRuiter deruiterville at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 22 13:47:53 MST 2014

Actually I think the failure mode to worry about is vibration and tubing
fatigue rather than pressure rating.  I used to work in a lab building high
pressure test equipment - 5000-6000 psi is not an issue with the right
swagelok fitting.  But the compression olive does bite into the tubing with
that style of fitting, and that coupled with a lot of vibration could lead to
tubing failure over time.  So flare 'em.