[Fot] TR4 axle shafts

jkhagen at charter.net jkhagen at charter.net
Wed Jan 22 09:13:35 MST 2014

Friends in Rust,  I have  '62 TVR Grantura with TR3-4 rear hubs,[keyway]
brakes, drums.  The rear is independent suspension but "quill shaft"
outer end is same configuration as TR-3-4---Car has been raced since
1992. [hubs =same]  I upgraded the quill shaft from David Gerald [keyway
and all] to aircraft steel [S1-55e] Rating.  David Gerald runs these on
V-8 500HP Griffiths.  No failures.  I would suggest that if the outer
portion of the shaft does not bend--[better steel]  and tight fit--you
would have a hard time breaking it!   John Hagen