[Fot] TR4 axle shafts

Enquiries Road & Track enquiries at roadandtrack.net.au
Tue Jan 21 19:30:29 MST 2014

i've been reading this thread with some interest.

i would offer the view that the racers out there need to deal with
sanctioning body.

in our country, the sanctioning body has the overarching responsibility,
but in a fairly reasonable way, works for the racers, ie the rules reflect
what is needed. This is especially true with club level/amateur  racing
where there is little to no direct FIA involvement.

we have had endless similar situations and in many cases, it is resolved
with the understanding we are racing for fun, or at best, a $20 trophy

i have been on various committees with our sanctioning body, and some
proposals that come forward are a clear case of an individual trying for an
advantage. others have a serious safety thread and these get a reasonable
hearing, especially when put forward by a group that represents a single
class.

Terry O'Beirne
Australia