[Fot] TR4 axle shafts

John Styduhar johnstydo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 16:40:19 MST 2014

The stock diameter of the TR3 and 4 axle at the spline is 1.04 inches.  I
took this measurement from a stock axle I had in my shop.  The aftermarket
axle has the same diameter at the spline as you would expect.  Approx. 6
inches from the inboard end, the aftermarket axle has a gentle taper to a
diameter of 1.20 inches and continues at this diameter to the bearing
location which is approximately 4 inches from the back of the hub flange.
The diameter of the axle at the bearing location is 1.38 inches.  The axle
diameter increases to 1.78 inches on the outboard side of the bearing and
continues to the back of the hub flange at this diameter.