[Fot] TR6 syncro rings

SCOTT JANZEN sjanzen at me.com
Sun Apr 13 18:56:29 MDT 2014

The first thing to check is if you have a lot of combustion gas blow-by. Get a leak down tester and check.  If not, is there adequate block and valve cover venting?  I have two big hose vents on my valve cover - one is 1" ID and the other is 1/2" ID , that run to a catch can. some people also use the fuel pump opening in the block for a vent location as well, (assuming  you are running an electric pump) though I found the lobe on the cam slung too much oil out for that to work well for me.  Anyway, my guess is that if you have a valve cover vent, it is the stock, too small, 3/8" vent.  Lastly, Bill's idea for the statoseal washers is good too, but if there's a pressure build up in the crankcase, now it will force oil out the rear main crank seal.

Sent from my mobile device