[Fot] Brake shoe re-arching

John Hasty jhhasty at gdhs.com
Fri Jun 29 18:42:53 MDT 2012

Got a set from Ted & all that was needed was a little filing on the leading
edges.  240Z drums may have helped

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 29, 2012, at 8:31 PM, Jim Norlin <norlinengineering at comcast.net>
wrote:

> A couple of years ago, based on the uneven wear pattern on the rear brake
shoes on the Spitfire, I decided it was time for new drums, so I ordered up a
set.  The day before the race, I installed new Porterfield shoes and went to
install the new drums and couldn't get them on - too small.  Or actually, the
Porterfield brake lining was too thick to fit.  Took the drums to one of the
larger local machine shops and dropped them off with instructions to take them
out 030 or so - I took a whole lot of measurements.  Got a call a couple of
hours later that said the drums were too small to fit their machine.  Found an
old, small shop that turned them around in no time.  Now I carry two sets of
drums, new and oversize so I can fit whatever shoes I get (I hope).

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/norlinengineering@comcast.net