[Fot] Transmission Question

chasgee at aol.com chasgee at aol.com
Tue Jun 26 09:58:36 MDT 2012

The TR4/6 and the GT6/Spitfire/4 speed Tr7 boxes are different.  The lever is
threaded onto the shaft on the TR box and you have to hammer it into the box
to remove it.

It isn't that hard to take the rear housing off.  You can fix it in about 30
minutes.

On Jun 26, 2012, at 8:17 AM, jason at multivintage.com wrote:

> Got it. Top is ok, your after the lower lever
> Mine came out and went in as a whole piece. Kind of like a bolt. In fact I
almost, in a pinch replaced it with a regular bolt but then wondered about the
proper length, etc .
> You'll have to get that stud out.
> Perhaps some heat and good tight vise grips and replace the stud once you
get it out.
> As you say, I can't see you getting the movement you need without extracting
the stud. Being threaded inside the shaft and the side of the case (I can't
remember exactly, but believe it may step down in thread size slipping through
the case) but threading into the rod.