[Fot] Measuring the liner "stick out" above the block on the TR4 engine

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Jun 26 09:29:09 MDT 2012

> I sent some photos to Randall showing the use of the indicator holder.

Thanks, Tim.  What Tim's photos show (and I stupidly didn't understand) is
that the legs of the holder can rest on the block surface on either side,
while the indicator mounted in one of the side holes (near one of the legs
of the holder) rests on top of the liner next to the side.  By reversing the
bracket, the indicator measures the other side of the liner.

I was thinking in terms of the holder I have, which is only tapped for the
indicator in the center and will only (about) reach from side to side of the
liner, not out to the block deck.  (It was cheap at a yard sale, I only
bought it for the indicator.)

-- Randall