[Fot] Portland Historics

Bill Babcock ponobill at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 21:49:08 MDT 2012

Thanks Mark, good to be back. I haven't been doing much of interest to FOTers
lately, been busy with other stuff, but that's changing fast. Trying to wrap
up some projects so I can get back to building a street TR3 for myself, and
either getting Ambro #001 put back together or selling it. I have so many
projects laying around I'm going to have to live to be at least 120 to finish
them all.

One weird thing I'm playng around with is aerial photography and autopilot
technology for miniature multi-rotor helicopters. Here's one:

http://www.kenalu.com/wp-content/uploads/ebooks/quadrecon.jpg

The other weird thing is manufacturing carbon fiber paddles for Stand Up
Paddle surfing and racing. Our paddles have attracted a cult following. As
usual I didn't know what the heck i was doing, we just took a test and
measurement geek approach to what has been traditionally driven by experience
and fiddling. I just added some electronics to the process but it worked
pretty well: http://www.kenalu.com/.  Why a happily retired guy would build a
business like this is simply beyond me. But I'm having fun with itI think.