[Fot] Search for my old TR3 racer

riverside at southslope.net riverside at southslope.net
Thu Jun 21 10:28:13 MDT 2012

Oops,  left off identifier

Art De Armond

From: riverside at southslope.net
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2012 10:14 AM
To: FOT
Subject: Search for my old TR3 racer

The welcoming into our fold of another TR3 racer has caused me to confront a
long
neglected duty:  To find my old race car.

When I last saw my TR3 it was in all black with red interior at a drivers
school at Blackhawk Farms
in b 74 or b75 I think.

The car changed hands a few times and the last I heard,  it was in the Fond u
lac area
of Wisconsin.

It had two rather unique features.  The roll bar was actually two tubes, both
behind the
driver, rather tall for the era, and welded together.  The blegsb splayed
out at the bottom
fore and aft before being welded to plates on the frame.  There were also the
usual
fore and aft and lateral additional tubes.
The front shroud was split so that the top half could be easily removed
without dealing
with the lower half,  thus easing certain service chores.

Does anyone remember this car or have any idea where I could pick up a lead on
its
fate?   My old friend who did so much to help me build it has been urging me
try to find and reacquire it for some time and now is the time.

Thanks everyone for the help.