[Fot] TR6 distributor question

Robert M. Lang lang at isis.mit.edu
Thu Jun 14 07:39:19 MDT 2012

On Wed, 13 Jun 2012, Larry Young wrote:

> That looks like a neat unit with both mechanical and vacuum advance. Getting
> back to the tach drive question.  Does anyone offer an electric tach that
> would have the same appearance as an original?

www.gaugeguys.com

aka apt intruments international

they can switch the guts on a mechanical tach with real smiths eletric
tachs. they look like a stock gauge and work well.

I had my street car converted a while back. It worked great 'till I
accidentally zapped it, but that was my fault, not APT Intruments.

If you want to do it yourself, you may be able to swap the guts from a
Spitfire electric tach, but I have no idea hoe to calibrate it for 6
swilinders.

> Larry

regards,
rml