[Fot] Transmission Question

Larry Young cartravel at pobox.com
Mon Jun 25 16:19:09 MDT 2012

I discovered a problem with the transmission I built for my TR250.  This
is one of the first ones I ever rebuilt and I screwed up.  I've
discovered it has no reverse.  Reverse is activated by a lever that
engages in a slot in the reverse gear on one end and it engages into the
shift rod at the other end.  It pivots on what looks like a stud that
protrudes through the housing with a big nyloc nut on the outside.  My
problem is that the lever is not engaged in the slot on the gear.  I
think I know the answer to this question, but I thought I would ask.  Is
there any way to get the lever lose so I can reposition it in the gear
without disassembling the transmission.  Or, is there any other way to
fix this without a complete disassembly? TIA
Larry Young