[Fot] Line question

marty sukey trmarty at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 24 07:56:10 MDT 2012

Question for the masses on the proper line usage on track from a newbie.  I
have only been in the heat of the battle twice so far and am doing my best to
keep out of your guys and gals way :). Knowing that at this point I am much
slower than everybody else. During the times I am exiting a corner and I see I
am holding up a much faster car (everybody) I tend to exit in a way that
leaves me out of the way leaving plenty of room so I can point the following
car or cars by and them maintain the racing line. While spectating this
weekend I really tried to pay attention at Mid-Ohio the last two days to see
how other drivers were handling it. It looked like a 50/50 deal, some drivers
maintained the line and made the overtaking driver go around them at the next
opportunity and some followed my strategy and kept the heck out of the way. As
I go through this learning curve I want to do what is safe for the other cars
out there. How about some feedback from you guys who are going to pass me. I
know it is probably corner and situation dependent but in general, what would
you like to see me do? In addition, if you are ever around me on track and you
notice something please do not hesitate to make a recommendation, tactfully of
course :)

Thanks,

Marty