[Fot] Detroit Locker Questions

Joe Boruch jaboruch at netzero.net
Tue Oct 18 19:58:15 MDT 2011

Rich, I have cracked or broken 2 Detroit Lockers, where the ring gear flange
attaches to the rest of the locker body.  Looks for cracks there.  Yours may
be cracked there and being cracked it may have too much run-out, putting
additional load on some teeth resulting in a gear failure.  I still have some
good internal parts if anyone needs them, since I gave up on using DLs.
Joe(B)