[Fot] Charly Mitchel's Topic #2 message , Vol 59, Issue 28

Robert Johns rjohns at woh.rr.com
Wed Oct 26 17:31:47 MDT 2011

The Roger that Charly refers to is Roger Barr who does twist wrenches for F40.
He was my room mate in those long ago days in Germany when I was working my
way into Road Racing.  He came over to our outfit about a year prior to my
coming home and jumped right into the Sports Car scene.  He bought a used
MG-TD.  Was following me one day and disappeared. I turned around and went
back and there he was,  with the TD on its side.  Very little damage but
bruised feelings.  I am in contact with him again after all there years.  He
tells me he got into buying used / wrecked MG A's there in Germany, and
piecing them together to make a road / race units. Remember we drove our cars
to the track and that was our wheels home.  Spent to usual, as much as
possible on the Nurburgring practicing, as we all did.  He had a successful
stint back in the states making and racing Formula Vs.  I think he was  an
SCCA champ one year.  I know that, a now deceased friend, Norman  Babcock ran
into to him in California at one of the National Run offs. So that is who
"Roger " is FYI.

Bob Johns