[Fot] How much do you think a GT6 could tow?

N197TR4 at cs.com N197TR4 at cs.com
Sat Jan 30 10:20:14 MST 2010

Low tech answer:  Generally speaking the final product weight limits are
established by the weakest component rating installed from the supplier.

Tire ratings
axle ratings
transmission ratings
spring ratings

The motorhome industry plays some silly games with these ratings, but I
think most everyone else is pretty conservative.

Joe A

> I've always wondered how these weight limits are determined - by the
> engineering or marketing department?  I generally use a substantial
> safety factor.  With my enclosed trailer I'm towing about 5,000 lbs, so
> I look for a tow rating of 7,000 to 8,000.
> Larry

</HTML>