[Fot] spitfire axles

KEVIN LYNCH klynch_6 at msn.com
Fri Mar 13 19:46:06 MDT 2009

Maybe some of the newer guys/gals don't know why it's so important to have a competition axle setup on a Spitfire or GT6...The weak point is where the keyway is in the hub..that's where the stock axle breaks...the competition axles..or at least the ones i know about have the hub and axle welded together..and they are larger diameter
BECAUSE..since there is no axle housing......when the axle breaks..the wheel goes Bye Bye...

Precisely why I am anxious to see how Mr. Smith's set up does on the #6 for the wide open spaces of our new 2.5 mile 'High Plains Raceway'. One gets real tired of getting those 'not-so' innocuous dirty looks from the corner workers retrieving my GT6 wheel assembly from the netherlands, every time I lost a hub...! <grin>
She goes on the dyno , Monday.

An 'early' Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all !

Kev Lynch