[Fot] [Shop-talk] Blast Media

malaboge at aol.com malaboge at aol.com
Fri Jan 2 12:22:29 MST 2009

Susan-

I have used a tumbler on carb parts.? The medium in my tumbler is left over from competitive shooting days and was meant to polish brass, which it did to a fine degree.? The stuff in my tumbler ( I have forgotten the name of it) is green and organic of some sort (also used?a sandy dirty red compound previuosly) and I added a dollop of Mothers Polish to the media.? This combo made the brass look like new.? However, it will only "somewhat" clean aluminum, but not well.? It also leaves it a bit darker in hue after tumbling. I have never tried the walnut shells so have no direct results to share.? If you decide to use the walnut shells, please let us all know as my tumbler sits here unused.

If you are going to tumble the SU pistons or domes, I would tape the inside of the domes and the grooved area of the pistons, just to be safe.

Always ready for a tumble......
???????????????????? Nick in Nor Cal