[Fot] TR4 timing advice needed please

Jim Gray toodamnfunky at comcast.net
Sat Sep 6 16:54:40 MDT 2008

Greetings all,
I could use a bit advice on timing. I have one of the new 1-2-3
distributors out of the Nederlands.
It's an electronic distributor with programmable timing curves.
The curve I have at the moment is 10 degrees at 500 - 1000 , 27 degrees
at 2000  and 33 degrees at 4500
there are 16 different curve settings available. Coming off the throttle
it falls flat on it's face and I have to coax it up to
3000 where it takes off pretty good. I just installed a set of Mikuni
HSR 45's and they ran really well before I installed
the distributor. I'm not getting any noticable pinging out of it. I know
I still have some jetting to get through
but as I mentioned, It didn't have this problem before the distributor
went in.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Jim Gray
RMVR # 102