[Fot] What are some good spark plugs for a TR6

Bill Babcock billbab at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 23:39:39 MDT 2008

No reason to ask those guys, they wouldn't really know anyway. NGK is
the plug any good motorcycle mechanic needed to know backwards and
forwards.

The next half step colder than BP6ES would be BP6EC, a full step
colder is BP7ES. NGKs get colder the higher the number goes. E means
3/4 inch reach, H is half inch. B is the 14 MM (13/16) plug while D is
the 12 MM (5/8). S is the hot end of the number range, C is the cold
end.

We always considered the C plug to be more of a racing plug, the
design is different as well as being colder than the S.

If you want the fine wire gold palladium version it's V, and it's the
same heat range as the C plugs, so you'd want a BP6EV. Or you might go
for the iridium center electrode which is I. P, by the way, means
extended plug. I like the standard plugs a little better for most
applications, so I'd go for a B6EC if I could find one. A lot of the
plugs are not generally available, but motorcycle shops tend to have
more access than parts stores.

There are a lot more codes, NGK makes more specialized plugs than most
manufacturers do (except Bosch). Their gold palladium plugs tend to be
really good, you might want to try to find B6EV or BP6EV.

Useless information cluttering up my head, like the decay chain for
Uranium 238 (Thorium 234, Protactinium 234, Uranium 234, Thorium 230,
Radium 226. Radon 222, Polonium 218, Lead 214, Bismuth 214, Polonium
214, Lead 210, Bismuth 210, Polonium 210, lead 205). But I have no
idea where I put my keys.