[Fot] Valve Spring Compression Length

Scott Cypher spitfireracer at xsmail.com
Tue Jul 15 20:59:48 MDT 2008

Can someone walk me through how to test a valve spring?  I have the
spring tester you put in a vice as well as the kind you use with a
torque wrench.  In either case, I need to know the compression length
(I think) of the spring in order to determine the spring rating, and
I don't.....

Thanks

-Scott Cypher
spitfireracer at xsmail.com
SCCA #57 HP Spitfire 1500 #362573
Reading, PA
http://gallery.mac.com/srcypher

1971 Spit MkIV/1500 RaceCar
1971 TR6 TBD
1976 TR7 Street
1968 GT6 Vintage

"I'm so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head.
Its the excitement only a free man can feel.  A free man at the start
of a long journey, whose conclusion is uncertain"