[Fot] valve guide removal

Joe Boruch jaboruch at netzero.net
Thu Jan 24 18:26:05 MST 2008

I have replaced guides in 4 or 5 heads and have just pressed them out.  I used
bronze guides for the new ones and have had no problem with the new ones being
loose in the head.  They have all needed to be reemed after being pressed into
the head to fit the valve.

The old guides are just the right size to use in my abrasive blast cabinet, so
they get put to good used.  Joe(B)

-- "Greg & Alison Blake" <ablake2 at austin.rr.com> wrote:
What is the preferred method for removal valve guides from a TR head?
Can I simply press them or drive them out or do I need to preheat the
head in an oven first?

Thanks,

Greg
Fot mailing list