[Fot] TR-3 cars

Dodd, Kelvin doddk at mossmotors.com
Tue Mar 20 12:18:46 MDT 2007

I beg the group's indulgence for a moment of reminiscence.

Early on when I was dating the lady who is now my now wife, she borrowed
a friend's TR3 so we could go on a long distance rally put on by the
Northern Cal Morgan club. This was about 7 years ago.

I drove about 700 miles that weekend, having a lot of fun and the car
hit the ton a few times. Being a long time MGB owner, I drove smoothly
and quickly hitting perfect apexes and congratulating myself on my
driving skill.

At the end of the weekend I drove off Highway 1 onto the narrow, twisty
road leading to the ranch house where my lady lived. She asked if she
could take the wheel and finish the drive home.

We took off in a roar, and the tail of the car never pointed in the same
direction as the front for the next 5 miles. She stopped at her house,
smiled at me and stated "That's how you drive a Triumph!".

This morning I posted Kas's response below to her, with the comment that
"He drives just like you". Her response was....

"Of course, I learned it from him!"

Kas.  I'd like to say thank you. I don't think you have any idea how
many people you have influenced over the years.

Kelvin Dodd, very happy husband of Debbie Gomez, ex Greg Solo's Engine
Room employee.