[Fot] tranny case locating dowels on at TR6

Allen Washatko awashatko at wi.rr.com
Tue Mar 13 07:35:38 MDT 2007

Bob,

The tophat bushing in the TR6 transmission is a weak spot along with
the retainer clip between the lay and reverse shafts. Also, the roller
bearings will soon wear away at the lay shaft under race conditions
where lots of H.P. is being transfered. Solution: Contact John Esposito
at Quantume Mechanics (203) 459-9612. He has re-engineered the top hat
bushing in steel with better oil passageways that should solve your
problem. He also makes a solid bronze bushing for the lay shaft. Please
mention my name to John if you talk to him. Thanks and...

Good luck.

Allen