[Fot] tranny case locating dowels on at TR6

Kramer, Robert RKramer at rdoequipment.com
Wed Mar 7 11:01:35 MST 2007

I am about to rebuild a tranny again out of a TR6 that has had chronic
tophat bush issues. The clutch works fine in reverse, first and forth
but don't dare try and downshift to second. That's a pretty common
problem, but one I've never had on the many trannies I have rebuilt in
any other car. I swapped the original problematic one for another that I
rebuilt and it quickly broke the tophat bush too. When I removed it last
night I noticed that the locating dowels are missing. I have heard that
this causes ckutch problems. Does it also cause this type of tranny
issue?

Bob Kramer
Sales Manager
RDO Equipment Co.