[Fot] Great Resource

Mark Eginton mee23 at cornell.edu
Mon Mar 12 17:00:28 MDT 2007

In browsing for information I found this site with tons of great information.
Got about half way through it and realized a lot of it is FOT notes including
Kas notes mentioning repreat responses and wishing someone would write this
stuff down. Here it is...
http://www.tjwakeman.net/TR/Net.htm

I particularly enjoyed this note 50's & 60's racing vs vintage racing, Kas
rememberances. It sparked a memory of driving with my father as a child and
asking him why we don't go to the race track any more. He responded
whistfully over the roar of the side curtains - "We used to just drive our
cars to the track and have lots and lots of fun. Then people starting
spending lots of money on their cars and bringing them on trailers. Some of
us eventually couldn't keep up; it wasn't as much fun any more..."

Made me wonder if I could have much fun with a die grinder and D cam on pump
gas. Is there a venue in Vintage Racing for those not interested in metelurgy
of flywheel bolts? I miss the Bay Area Shelby club track days where you could
find a few cars to play tag with and then drive home. I had hoped Vintage
racing would be a little like that (perhaps with a trailer) but reading what
some folks are doing to their cars (250 hp TR6???) - quite intimidating...