[Fot] oils

Guyots3 at wmconnect.com Guyots3 at wmconnect.com
Mon Mar 12 23:05:10 MDT 2007

In a message dated 3/12/2007 11:33:44 AM Pacific Standard Time,
fot-request at autox.team.net writes:

> From: "Dean Tetterton" <richtr at erols.com>
> Subject: Re: [Fot] [FOT] Forwarded message regarding oil
> To: "'Friends of Triumph'" <fot at autox.team.net>, "'Jack W. Drews'"
>     <vinttr4 at geneseo.net>
> Cc: GCKINNEY at aol.com
>
> Now that the FOT seems to be back up, I would like to rekindle the talk
> about oil and the loss of Zinc.
>
> As noted in the info from Greg Solow, the Kendall brand name has been sold
> to Phillips/Coneco. They have changed all the racing oils to now meet spec
> SM and has less Zinc. As we know this is not good for our flat tappet
> motors.
>
> There is hope as American Refining Group has purchased the old Kendall
> refinery in Bradford, PA and is making the OLD Kendall racing oils as Brad
> Penn. This oil is 100% Pennsylvania crude and still has .14% Zinc and
> phosphorus.  And yes it is still green. They also make a mono grade
break-in
> racing oil.
>
> Check out their web site www.bradpennracing.com
> <http://www.bradpennracing.com/>   If you can't find it available in your
> area contact me and I can ship it anywhere. I will be the distributor in
the
> Virginia area and will have it available at any races I attend. The only
> reason I am selling it is so they will keep making it as is and not change
> it to SM spec. Any flat tappet motor needs this stuff.
>
> Dean T.

Hi Dean,

I could not agree me, I am really fed up that Valvoline Synpower, 20W/50, my
oil of choice has become SM, that leaves me very little choice as far as a
high quality 20W/50 is concerned.

Our standard engines already have quite enough to contend with, flexible
cranks, EN16T conrods, lack of decent bearing materials, the usual thrust
washer
problem areas as well as flat tappets and the usual rocker shaft lube problems
etc.

Not to mention some of the less than wonderful reproduction stuff out there!

Has anyone got any thoughts about using the Amsoil 20W/50 synthetic oil?

It's specs look pretty good, so far as I can see.

Best Regards

Lion

<A
HREF="http://community.webshots.com/user/vitesse1963">http://community.websho