[Fot] TR3 Body mounting

Greg & Alison Blake ablake2 at austin.rr.com
Mon Mar 12 22:44:14 MDT 2007

I posted this question to the British car forum and really did not get
many takers this is my TR3.

I have the body off the frame to finish up the body and paint work. When
I go to reassembly the body to the frame I was planning on replacing all
the body mounting rubbers with new. Do any of you delete the rubber to
have a more solid connection between the body and the frame? What are
the disadvantages other than noise? Since I plan on using some of my
original mounting points as roll cage pick up points, I don't think I
should be using the rubber pads in these areas. If that is the case, is
there any reason to use them anywhere else?

Thanks,

Greg