[Fot] TR transmission numbers -- OOPS!

Herald948 at aol.com Herald948 at aol.com
Mon Mar 12 20:10:35 MDT 2007

In a message dated 3/12/2007 7:31:55 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Gt6steve at aol.com writes:

I've got  a TR gearbox with a serial number starting with CT.  Does that
sound
right to anybody?  If so, what did it come from and is it a sound  basis for
race box?  I've also one that must be very early as it  still has the
dipstick
hole in the cover.

==AM==
Sorry; I think I misread your message originally. You have more than one
gearbox, right? Again, CT is TR4. What number is the one with the dipstick?
Don't know if you'd really want that gearbox, since (assuming it's all original)
it would have a non-synchro first gear.

--Andy   Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so  much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with  wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and  Triumph Herald
Database: _http://triumph-herald.us_ (http://triumph-herald.us/)

http://www.aol.com.