[Fot] Nomination

John Herrera jrherrera90 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 6 09:12:29 MST 2007

Amici:

After all the hard work he has done, I hate to burden Mark with another name
to add, but I would like to nominate Greg Blake ablake2 at austin.rr.com for
inclusion in the Friends of Triumph e-mail list.

I haven't met Greg in person. He has been posting questions about preparing
his TR3 for vintage racing on the Racing Forum on British Car Forum. The
but my knowledge is insufficient.

I thought that Greg would get more information if he could post his
questions to FoT. Also, I have a soft spot for vintage racing TR3s!

Here's a little bio Greg sent me:

My family has owned the car I am rebuilding since I was about 10. It is a
1958 TR3A. My Dad purchased it originally to rebuild it with my brother but
he never showed interest. My buddy and I rolled it in the garage one day and
took all interior and all body panels off. When Dad got home he told me I
could have it if I would put it back together with him. That was 1985.
Neither my Dad nor I had ever rebuilt a car before so it was more like a
refurbishment. I got it running by age 16 and drove it all through high
school and college. By the end of college it was getting pretty bad again.
The rust we thought we had taken care of was back. So it went into storage
for another 10 years. While I was in high school and college, I autocrossed
the car in Mineral wells, Bedford, and College Station TX. At my first
autocross, I decided that I would try club racing some day when I had the
time to build a car.

I tore the car down to the frame back in 2004 and discovered several issues.
I started looking for a donor frame and found a TR4 frame in my area. I
decided to build a TR3 Beta.

The intent of this restoration is to be able to race with the Corinthians
once completed.

I would appreciate the nomination. Bob Kramer has told me about the listing
before, it sounds like a good resource.

Forgot to mention, in that 10 year storage period I found my self lost. I
bought a 260Z and prepared it for SSCA BSP Solo II. Also a $100 Spec RX-7
somewhere along the way. Luckily I found my way back...

Can I have a second, please?

John H.