[Fot] Fwd: Sebring 12 hrs 1966

JOSEPH HUGHES tr5racer at btinternet.com
Tue Mar 6 07:41:44 MST 2007

JOSEPH HUGHES <tr5racer at btinternet.com> wrote:  Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 17:02:08 +0000 (GMT)
From: JOSEPH HUGHES <tr5racer at btinternet.com>
Subject: Sebring 12 hrs 1966
To: Friends of Triumph <fot at autox.team.net>

  While recently reading through the official 12 Hours of Sebring book that I purchased several years ago whilst visiting the circuit, I notice that in the results for the 1966 race Bob Tullius and Charlie Gates were entered in what was described in the book as a Triumph TR4A prototype. The car failed to finish
  retiring with fuel problems after 47 laps. This is not a car I have heard mention of before.It was clearly not a prototype of the TR4A model that appeared in 1965 so I am intrigued to know what exactly it was!

  Mike Hughes
  UK