[Fot] TR-6 pressure differential warning actuator

Jim Prettyleaf jprettyleaf at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 4 00:12:01 MST 2007

  I just discovered brake fluid leaking on my garage floor and traced this leak to my TR-6s pressure differential warning actuator.  Do I really need this gizmo?  I strongly suspect that I would not require a warning lamp to inform me that half of the braking system in my modified Triumph has failed.  My bet is that I would quickly notice a partial failure without the red light due to the dramatic reduction in braking power.

  I realize that I can fix this leak by spending money and simply ordering a replacement part or a rebuild kit for the existing differential pressure sensor, but I am wondering why I should maintain some gimmick I probably don't need that could potentially fail or leak again.

  Does the pressure differential warning indicator in the TR-6 perform some useful function that I don't know about?

  Has anyone on the list replaced the pressure differential warning indicator with passive connections that tie the front and rear braking circuits to the appropriate halves of the master cylinder?

  If anyone on the list has recommendations for eliminating the pressure differential warning actuator I would appreciate hearing about how this can safely be accomplished.  I am currently leaning towards replacing the differential pressure sensor with double inverted compression flares and the associated brake line splicing hardware.

  Jim Prettyleaf
  Cupertino, CA.