[Fot] Toyo hot/cold tire pressures

Bill Babcock BillB at bnj.com
Mon Jul 30 07:56:03 MDT 2007

I check hot tire pressures, and correlate it to cold later, but that's just so
I can predict what cold pressure will result in what hot. I don't know of any
reason to equalize tire pressures that way. When you read tire temperatures
you always find one or two wheels that are a lot colder than the others,
usually because of the nature of the track. When I find a tire that's running
a lot hotter on a given track I pay closer attention to the difference between
center and inside edge temperatures. That hard working tire will affect
handling a lot, and getting the temperature spread across the tire to be equal
will often improve lap times.