[Fot] TR-3 Slave Cylinders

Randall Young ryoung at navcomtech.com
Thu Jul 26 12:52:43 MDT 2007

> Does anyone have a source of TR-3 slave cylinders?  The one
> that came with
> the car in 1959 is still on the car, and has been rebuilt
> many times.

If it was new in 1959, it must be the later Girling clutch slave.  AFAIK
these are readily available from the usual suspects.

Moss P/N 580-760, TRF P/N GI64068867.

The early Lockheed clutch slaves are NLA AFAIK, but not too hard to
substitute a later unit.  You may need a different hose & the bracket from a
later car tho, I don't remember offhand what all I did.  But I did it and it
worked fine for me.

If you do have a TR2-3 with Lockheed hydraulics (front drum brakes), and
originality is important to you; then I'd suggest having your original slave
re-sleeved by White Post, or Apple or someone like that.

Randall
(Tedious but unavoidable disclaimer follows)

CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information proprietary to NavCom Technology, Inc., or one of its affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.