[Fot] Toyo hot/cold tire pressures

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Thu Jul 26 09:02:16 MDT 2007

You're right, the proper way to set pressures and camber is to do
tire temperature readings immediately after significant cornering.
Outside edge hotter = not enough camber.  Inner edge hotter = too
much camber.  Middle of tire hotter = too much pressure.  Outer edges
of tire hotter = not enough pressure.  Probably best to do that at a
skid pad if possible.

In the Speedsters, I ran 18 psi cold front and 17 psi cold
rear.  Handled decently (not a crisp a turn in as the RA-1's, but
much lower pressure could account for that).  Didn't seem to wear the
outer edges more than the middle.  I've heard of pressures all over
the map for the speedsters.

- Tony