[Fot] low psi

Rocky Entriken rocky at spitfire4.com
Fri Jul 20 15:21:39 MDT 2007

Easiest way to have oil pressure in the engine -- install an Accusump.

Three quarts of oil under pressure. I open the Accusump and have 35-40 psi
in the engine before I hit the key. Then the Accusump pressure builds to
match the engine pressure (usually ~75-80 in my 1147 Spitfire).

Accusump is sold with advertising about how it maintains (some) pressure
when the engine goes south, helping prevent blown engines -- but to me the
best feature is that it pre-pressurizes the engine. When I put a new engine
in, I usually pull and drain the Accusump, then refill and re-pressurize it
so it is there to give me oil pressure in the new motor before I start it
first time.

Rocky Entriken