[Fot] low psi

rob 19to1tr6 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 20 11:13:33 MDT 2007

Hello everyone, On turning over my new TR-6 motor  with out the spark plugs
installed I can only get 15-20 psi. Other new motors have produced 60 psi
 I have swaped guages and lines , swaped pressure plungers and shimmed the
spring,After pulling the oil pump it seems fine with no scoreing. From the
line of sight I can get from under  the motor the bypass plunger seems to fit
and seat well. I plan to swap out the spin on oil cooler adapter and replace
with the stock oil filter.   I should of all ready done that but so it goes.
 Am I correct in assumeing the oil has to pass threw the cooler before it gets
to the blocks psi port ? My builder is asking him self if he could have missed
an internal oil plug  With the  pictures and  core parts I have around I can
not find any internal oil plugs on the block or crank So its comming down to a
gross miss on bearing clearances
 I dont have enough experiance  to the messure  the rod bearing clearance with
confidence and  will leave it to my builder  fortunaly hes willing to do this.
I  want to cover as many tests as i can before pulling the motor ( note to
self ) don't install new motors before checking oil psi !   thanks for the
help       rob