[Roadsters] Stock locking gas cap

Gary McCormick wglife at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 19 14:13:33 MDT 2026


Hey, group –

Having just cleared the last of the stuff stacked on top of my 1970 2000 
Roadster hangar queen, SRL311-13291, I pulled back the car covers to 
open the trunk and to take a look down into the fuel tank. Problem is, 
the locking fuel cap doesn’t seem to want to unlock.

How far does the key turn to unlock the gas cap? Mine goes about ⅛ of a 
turn before hitting a hard stop. I squirted some Teflon spray lube into 
the lock and around the edges of the bit that turns – no change. Of 
course, I don’t want to apply too much force, so I may just wait and see 
if the lube loosens things up over time.

I have been clearing out my garage on and off since retiring in June 
2024, and am just about at the point where I can get around to both 
sides of the car and the front and rear so that I can assess it and, 
with any luck, start working to get it back on the road.

Gary McCormick
San Jose, CA
1970 2000 Roadster
SRL311-13291
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/datsun-roadsters/attachments/20260919/90a7035b/attachment.htm>


More information about the Datsun-roadsters mailing list