<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>

    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p><font size="4">Hey, group –</font></p>
    <p><font size="4">Having just cleared the last of the stuff stacked
        on top of my 1970 2000 Roadster hangar queen, SRL311-13291, I
        pulled back the car covers to open the trunk and to take a look
        down into the fuel tank. Problem is, the locking fuel cap
        doesn’t seem to want to unlock.</font></p>
    <p><font size="4">How far does the key turn to unlock the gas cap?
        Mine goes about ⅛ of a turn before hitting a hard stop. I
        squirted some Teflon spray lube into the lock and around the
        edges of the bit that turns – no change. Of course, I don’t want
        to apply too much force, so I may just wait and see if the lube
        loosens things up over time.</font></p>
    <p><font size="4">I have been clearing out my garage on and off
        since retiring in June 2024, and am just about at the point
        where I can get around to both sides of the car and the front
        and rear so that I can assess it and, with any luck, start
        working to get it back on the road.</font></p>
    <font size="4">Gary McCormick</font><br>
    <font size="4">San Jose, CA<br>
      1970 2000 Roadster<br>
      SRL311-13291</font>
  </body>
</html>