[Roadsters] Hardtop question

Dave Sommers divehatteras at aol.com
Sat Sep 17 12:35:46 MDT 2016

That's probably a royal coachman hardtop.  It is indeed a molded vinyl pattern made of some injection molded plastic. I don't think it is actual FRP laid up glass due to the lightweight nature.

I made mine look pretty good. It took a really good scrub with some "fantastic" cleaner and a nylon brush.  Then many coats of "back to black" which I think was McGuires product. It got dark and looked like vinyl again. It needs periodic reapplication but sure is nice to use in the cold weather.

Ugly is in the eye of beholder.  Mine has the opening trapezoidal window instead of porthole and Ive seen one that had no window but all obviously made by same company.   Have not yet had success finding any weatherstrip that is close in shape to the original.

Dave Sommers
Dive Hatteras
703-517-3724
703-818-1850