[Roadsters] rear end removal

dave n dave at ranteer.com
Thu Sep 8 16:11:53 MDT 2016

early 67 low windshield 1600

I’m redoing the brakes and got hit with shipwright’s disease . . .

I want to aesthetically refurbish the whole rear end.  how hard is it to remove?

it looks like everything unbolts pretty easily (assuming the bolts do come out easily!)  leaf springs, axle, shock supports, etc. and the driveshaft is just 4 bolts.

how about the rear shocks?  with the lift holding up the frame, are they at full extension?  I don’t want any nasty surprises.  is there such a thing as a shock compressor?