[Roadsters] 3rd brake light, and distracted driving

O'Farrell, Fergus P (AS) Fergus.OFarrell at ngc.com
Wed Jan 6 12:35:06 MST 2016

I hear what Gary is saying, and like "always on headlights", I thought 3rd brake lites were a boondoggle.

Unfortunately since then, distracted driving has become the norm rather than the exception, and the fact that my roadster  ('69) tailites are the "activate second filament, get brighter" version (not new lite coming on), and the known trait that they are so low to drivers behind which we all suffer thru, I think the 3rd brake light is a wise thing to be added, however discreetly / tastefully it can be done.
I commute in pretty tight traffic every day (though not in the roadster) and commonly am looking thru the car ahead to brake lites of the cars in front (and don't follow them panel vans), and 3rd lites then become much more important.

My 4-door Toyota truck is a bit higher up, and the number of people I see doing the head bob and "surfing" while driving is astonishing. (appalling)

I am adding a harness crossbar to my "street bar" and will be adding 3rd brake lite(s) like Dave Premo did as well.   (and Phil Erickson)
(Todd Osborne did it really nicely by integrating them into his headrests, if memory serves me right)

Fergus O'FavoringMyFenders
69 2000 which needs its legs stretched