[Roadsters] FW: 3-point belts on 69-70 Roadsters?

Jerry Krakauer jsk977 at optonline.net
Wed Jan 6 11:22:58 MST 2016

The 3 point belts started with the 67 ½ roadsters. Ahead of the federal requirement which  started in 1973. (same with the locking steering column). I’ve owned my 67 ½ 2L since new, so I’m certain of this. The shoulder belt was anchored to the rear wheel well by a large chromed bolt and hooked into the lap belt at the back of the buckle inside the webbing  and was detachable. This arrangement might be a bit different for high windshield models.

Jerry Krakauer

SRL311 00099